Wednesday, June 6, 2012

D.I.Y: Globe Lamps


       Maggie, my friend who snapped these spectacular photos, told me she was moving and letting go of a few items. I know she has good taste in just about every aspect of her life so I knew I'd end up with something amazing. My living room has no overhead lighting and I could always use more floor and table lamps so I was extra excited when Maggie told me she was getting rid of a pair of lights. I saw potential in them instantly and quickly got to work painting and re-accessorizing the lamps using materials mentioned in this post. I ended up with a pair of unique lamps that lend a soft glow and a bit of personality and history to my living room. Here's an outline of how I began:

Before photo.


Tip: Tape carefully, the print can peel off easily from vintage globes. Also, to split the
globe in half, I used an icing spatula and used it as leverage to pop the orb in half. 

After all the paint had dried on both the globe halves and the lamp bases,
I replaced the bulbs, put the lamp together, and added the simple touch
 of a faux pearl to the very tip top of the lamp.

Lucky for me the lamp bases were free (thanks Maggie!) the Globe was $3 @ Salvation Army, gold paint was $5, and the faux pearls were $1 for both. (I added an extra buck for sales tax.) 


Yours,
Nico

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what an awesome idea! I never thought to turn a globe into a lampshade. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are marvelous!! Very cool idea. I love it!! It's fun to create things from other stuff. Thank you for the sweet comment doll, yes, I do love my hats :)) And sometimes I wish I could buy more as they do get expensive at times, but I am always browsing ebay and thrift shops for a bargain & I'm quite happy when I find one :)) One day we'll go hat/bargain shopping :))) Have a wonderful weekend my darling girl!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. BCS Job Circular (BCS Health) 2021 has been today by bpsc.gov.bd. Qualify candidates submit the application form bpsc.teletalk.com.bd web portal website

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!