Sunday, February 17, 2013

Archie's Girls for MAC:


     

     If you read this post then you are likely very aware of my heightened desire for the Archie's Girls for MAC collection. As a kid I would always secretly try to sneak the latest issue of Archie's Double Digest into the grocery store shopping cart right before check out. I loved witnessing Archie's continually struggle over who he loved more: Betty... or Veronica? I always understood why he could never choose! Betty the blonde is sweet and caring while brunette Veronica sizzles with appeal and allure, I wouldn't be able to make a choice either. I suppose now I don't have to with my Betty and Veronica (why was it never Veronica and Betty?) inspired cosmetics! I am even more elated to say that most of these items were a truly lovely gift from Shahin for Valentine's Day, he really knows how to make a girl feel special. 




Lipstick from left to right: Ronnie Red, Daddy's Little Girl, & Girl Next Door. I LOVE the first two featured shades but I have to say that I am going to return the baby pink because it is too  much of a silvery pale pink on my skin. Ronnie Red is a stand out cherry red shade with hints of fuschia and I can't wait to wear it. Daddy's Little Girl is also a new favorite and is unlike any other shade I own, a vivid electric berry plum color. 

Betty's "Kiss & Don't Tell" lipglass. I lovely coral shade that I hope to wear often this Spring and Summer. I'm typically more of a lipstick girl but I loved this shade too much to resist!

Betty's Caramel Sunday eye palette and opulash mascara were both gifts from Shahin and while I would have never thought to purchase them for myself I am most happy with these pieces! The eyeshadows are great neutral shades that I will wear each and everyday along with the mascara.

This blush in "Cream Soda" is a great light coral that can be worn light and sheer or applied with a heavier hand for a more sculpted and dramatic look.

      After receiving these adorable cosmetics I was inspired to go looking for my own collection of Archic comics and I managed to find a few from the 90s! I love that the classic art work is reflected on the MAC Archie's Girls products. Each morning while applying my daily make up routine I will be reminded of happy childhood memories, how nostalgic is that?

Yours,
Nico

35 comments:

  1. So so nice, love them!


    http://lowbudget-lowcost.blogspot.it/2013/02/unconventional-stripes-ss2013-must-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting comic books.
    Haley www.instyleforless.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky for me my mom used to read them, so, I didn't have to try sneaking them into the shopping cart :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now, lipstick is my weakness (smile). I can see myself donning the Ronnie Red and Daddy's Little Girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so lovely things!My fav is the lipstick!


    besos.

    http://onecolourorathemedaybyday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute!! can never have too many lipsticks, that's for sure.

    xxx
    Lady à la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cool collection! the packaging is great and I also love the lipstick colors!


    http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!!!

    http://stylearua.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so adorable, it bugs me they don't sell in Finland ;P
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet, I love them!! I hope you have a great week doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That packaging is so cute - glad you snagged some up :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nico^^ My eyes are sparkling! Love this collection, I'd love to get something too especially the blush and the lipsticks! Adorable pics, also your comics collection is great! Nostalgic too now!:) Have a nice week dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lucky you are to get those gift from someone special! I love that Ronnie Red lipstick....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Freaking cute! What genius thought of this?

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute!
    Have a wonderful start in the week and thank you so much for your last comment :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg love those beauty products! love the color and shades! <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want every single item from this collection.

    xo Ami
    a champagne dream

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute things :)!. I want a lipstick!! Visit http://www.urbanfashionstylee.blogspot.mx and check my new post!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute is this please?! I will change immediately my usual lipstift brand ...

    xx
    Rena
    http://dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I like your blog. Thanks for your comment, i´g going to follow ^^

    ReplyDelete
  21. it's such a sweet collection <3

    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nico! This post is awesome doll! I wish I had those comic books. HAHAHA Yeah, that Girl Next Door is too light. You got two of the most coveted colors: Ronnie Red and Daddy's Little Girl. Hold onto them. They're selling them on eBay for $$$. HAHAHA Glad you liked the eyeshadow palette and Kiss & Don't Tell. I KNEW you would love them!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Most Expensive Cars in the World, Top Concept Cars, Top Strange Vehicles in the World and Car latest hot top Wallpapers
    worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This MAC collection is so fun! I love that light pink lipstick!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. nice post!

    please follow me if you like!
    http://thedaydreamings.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post, those are adorable cosmetics!

    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I SO wanted this collection, everything is super cute, especially the lipsticks, your boyfriend is definitely the best!
    And I have to say that I wouldn't be able to choose either, although I know I'm a Veronica...

    Girls that glitter love the dark
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are so adorable!~ Absolutely love them and the pictures are beautiful! Great post!!

    XoXo
    Teresa
    http://www.chicaffordable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. nice article… simple and useful :) Thanku for sharing this post......! Cromaretail Coupon

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!