Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Inspiration: San Francisco Graffiti


      There is something reenergizing about visiting the electric city of San Francisco, which is just a quick 60 minute drive from Santa Cruz. I always find myself slightly out of place amongst the massive towering buildings (I favor more natural atmospheres most of the time) yet there is a sense of creativity that pulls me towards the writhing metropolis as well. Back in high school I was my student council's publicity officer and I was constantly and continually making event posters. I think that after spending so much time learning and practicing new fonts to use on flyers I developed a genuine love for all the exaggerated graffiti in San Francisco. The way street artists' blend colors and bend lines help me see simple words and language from a whole new perspective. I took a day trip to the city a few weeks back and as expected, found myself lost in a sea of inspiring local street art:









      I find that certain cities and places can feel like "creativity hot spots." Where do you go to gather and collect inspiration?

Yours,


 PS: You can also keep up with SatinAndSalt on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Chictopia, Bloglovin, and Google Friend Connect


10 comments:

  1. These photos are fab! Nature is always inspiring to me--but--then again, so is art such as this! xo T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love urban art!

    aliceinbo2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the NICO the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the bright colors, and your blog a lot.
    wanna follow me?
    xx
    L.
    www.lalouuula.com

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!