Thursday, May 9, 2013

Diptyque: A Fragrance Boutique



      Several weeks ago I took a trip to San Francisco and as I was walking thru Union Square, a faint scent whispered toward me. The smell was so utterly familiar and comforting I recognized it at once, that of lavender just after the rain. And not just lavender blooms, this fragrance held the allure of a true lavender plant: the earthy stems and fresh leaves even perhaps the faint hint of dirt (which as a gardener, I happen to love). I couldn't avoid where my nose was leading me and I ended up within the doors of Diptyque, a Parisian fragrance company. An olfactory treasure trove of scents that could easily be attached to any memory you may have. For me personally, Oyedo evoked memories of a childhood backyard tangerine tree that I would climb to pluck and devour as many citrus fruits as my 6 year old stomach could withstand. I find that scents are always associated with a time, place, and sacred memory, visiting Diptyque was potentially the best scrapbook I have ever smelled. 


The candle boutique was dimly lit with masculine furnishings and elaborate feminine textiles. 


Jacinthe/Hyacinth was a favorite of mine that day. For once, my nose did not tire of smelling new things. 

But the moment I suspected I had found the absolute best fragrance in the shop.....

Another special scent would find me. Jonquille/Daffodil smells exactly like my favorite flowers
and how often do you come across a candle with that unusual fragrance?



      If you happen to live, or be visiting the San Francisco area, be sure to stop by The Diptyque fragrance boutique for a little bit of Paris also! This French company has been crafting exquisite candles and cultivating an elevated sense of home design for over 50 years. The shop is well worth a visit, your nose will thank you!

Yours,
Nico
      

22 comments:

  1. That shop looks so lovely! I have been slowly getting addicted to candles. That is so great you found a daffodil candle. I am drawn to tea and bergamont scents right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great shop and the candles are really pretty but too expensive for me ;)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this looks like a heavenly place! You had me at lavender--but daffodil--Oh my! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I wouldn't want to leave this store if I stumbled upon it, sounds like everything smelt amazing. I would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute store, love the name. Too bad we haven't an app for allowing scents to be shared : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that location very well. At Christmas I was able to purchase my favorite, tuberes, in Paris. It's always good to know we can find a bit of this sensory pleasure stateside.
    Lovely post!
    Heather @Stylemindchic

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard good things about this brand, I should really order one online to try it out, ha ha :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diptyque is the best! You can't go wrong with their selections because everything smells divine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds gorgeous. I would have been in there a great long time. Have a gorgeous weekend doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should have visited there when I was in town! Did you end up getting anything?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to visit this store, it looks heavenly and can smell the scent from the screen!:) Kisses dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely shop, i do like their candles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a lovely place! I love the smell of fresh natural lavender so much! My dream is to have a house in the Provence in France once and to live there in a house with a lavender field in front of me (in Provence they have soooo many Lavender fields all over the place :))!
    I am back in Germany now and try to get adjusted to life here again...

    Happy Weekend!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures and information. Love San Francisco.
    Where are you based? I would love to get connected and have my photographer taken some pictures of you with my purses.
    Haley www.instyleforless.org

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a great way with words. I too am a sucker for the sweet scents of Diptyque... sheer luxury

    http://monstermagpie.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/magicmagpie666
    follow on instagram @fashwanfox

    ReplyDelete
  16. The ambiance gets us... Would love to go there.

    xx
    5th&6th

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is your friend and neighbor Kristin . I forgot that !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited. Visit the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Epic Videos, Prank Videos, Fail Videos and Much More Fun and Entertainment
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You See Current Affairs in Google, Yahoo or Bing..??? Here is a Best Network of Latest all Hot Current Affairs and News updates. All Hot Current Affairs about Entertainment, Classifieds, Mp3, Funny, Wallpapers, Pictures, Videos, Online Jobs, Online Marketing, Hot News, Hot Updates, Article and Latest News, Latest Mp3 Tunes, Internet Online Jobs, Facebook and Marketing Jobs, Online Marketing, Facebook Marketing, SEO Marketing, Latest Funny Entertainment Hot and Lol pictures and Much More Current Affairs Fun
    hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Free Promotion of your Website, Facebook Page, Twitter, Google Plus, StumbleUpon, Youtube Views Likes and Subscribes, Pinterest, MySpace, SoundCloud, Instagram and Much More Social Media Promotions. Just add your Promotion Link to this Website and Get Increase your Visitors, Page Likes, photo likes, photo shares Twitter Follow Tweets and Favorites, Youtube Views Likes and Subscribes and Much More.
    GetLikeFast.com

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!