Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Gram's Garden:

  
      Earlier this month I took a quick trip to my home town of Stockton to visit with close friends and family. One of the highlights of the voyage was spending time in my Gram's serene backyard. Gram collects blue and white ceramics which are both scattered about her house as well as her garden, I love the elegant charm the decor brings to an outdoor space. She also cares for a variety of unusual plants and succulents (some of her cactus have even been kept alive for over 10 years!) and the plants truly enjoy a lovely home here. Hand painted birdhouses also speckle any empty wall or post so that any flying friend may have a safe space to rest their head. I took a cue from the birds and spent a few quite moments basking in the tranquility of Gram's bit of nature and now you can too:

Fresh orange segments and juices are a staple at Gram's when this tree comes to fruition. 

This solitary chair has the best view of the entire yard.

I like to make up topics of conversation for the bunnies, today they are discussing The Velveteen Rabbit.

My sister Claire made these bird houses, wish she would
come over and paint my home!






Gram painted this parrot herself!




I'm ready to move into this one!


Sun spattered leaves!

I simply would LOVE to cook a meal on this lovely yellow grill!


Yours,
Nico

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Nico! Thank you for sharing the beauty + tranquility. T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: a very beautiful and expressive photos. Very spring. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious place, I love the single chair amongst the bushes, perfect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics yet again:) That garden looks perfect, I love the yellow grill and one off iron chairs. Sadly for me my dahlia is dying already:( Not sure if I should try my luck with other plants this year or admire others. Keep on the great posts I have been slow on that lately so thanks for visiting my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nico! Your Gram got really an adorable place, there are lots of cute stuff! Love the bird houses and the rabbits! Kisses dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the birdhouses. They're so charming.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely garden!
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely garden area! :)

    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice pictures :D I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, dear Nico! The garden of your grandma is so wonderful, many thanks for showing <3 I love our garden, too, but to be honest it isn´t as cute ;)

    xx from Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your Gram's place is just so perfectly sweet! I love the hand painted bird houses! I would feel right at home there in the garden!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!