Thursday, May 23, 2013

My life is like a recurring birthday, it's full of cake:



      I mentioned earlier this week (in this slightly corny post) that it was my boyfriend's birthday this past Sunday. I took advantage of the opportunity to bake and whipped up my signature red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. The cake was a huge success at Shahin's birthday party and I even put aside an extra layer of red velvet for us to enjoy at home as well. I love being able to contribute to someone's special day with a cake because that also means that I am giving them a birthday wish when they blow out the candles! 





    ....And if you haven't gone into a sugar coma from the amount of cake I display on this blog then feel free to visit these additional posts:

Unbirthday Cake
Butter Cake 
The Happiest Pink Birthday Cake
Chocolate Chai Cake
Orange Zest Cake

(As for me.... I'm gonna run to my fridge
 for another slice of left over cake!)

Yours,
Nico



18 comments:

  1. Hi Nico, this cake looks divine...will be waiting for my slice in the mail *winks* So happy to have you back in the blogosphere! Hope you've enjoyed the time away to celebrate! In response to your Q, my fav style icon? - I actually didn't think of it properly before...I think I just value the red carpet gowns at the time that its worn moreover who is wearing it.I enjoyed reading your point of view on my Cannes post. Aren't you glad its the end of the week? Have a great one dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red velvet is my FAVORITE! That's one yummy looking cake, Sweets! :-) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Yuumy!

    New post on my blog ---> http://urbanfashionstylee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the cake. Mmmmm! Thanks!
    ME

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a gorgeous cake, so yummy!! You create gorgeous things to eat, wonderful. I bet it really is so yummy too :)) Am glad your boyfriend had a great birthday :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nico! Yum yum, you are so good with cakes! I'd love to taste a little piece of it, congrats dear! I'm doing fine, pretty tired so looking forward to the weekend as well! Weather isnt at the best here, what a spring! Hope you too are good my friend, big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake looks so pretty. I love being the one who makes the cake for birthdays as well, much better than a bought present. The daffodil cake you made still kills me so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this cake looks and sounds so amazing! Wish I would get that for my birthday xD Anyway happy birthday to your boyfriend :)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake looks beautiful as well as delicious!! A special way to say happy birthday.
    All the best to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nico, I keep telling you that you need to open a side bakery business! hahaha I could go for a slice of that right now. I love red velvet cake. That strawberry, icing and sprinkles looks delectable. I know he enjoyed it!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful gift for your boyfriend, dear Nico! This is really a gift with love <3

    xx from Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful cake! It looks so festive and great :)
    Your weddings pictures are also soooo nice! What a wonderful day it seems to have been! I love all those beautiful dresses and all those smiley faces!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to your loved one, dear!
    Amazing cake :)

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!