Sunday, January 13, 2013

After Diner Drink...


      Despite the many times that I have crossed my fingers that Spring will come early this year, the air is still filled with bitter cold. Cozied up in bed with a warm drink seems to be thee only way to spend these (hopefully) last Winter nights. I've been experimenting with different combinations of liquors, teas, and coffees recently and my favorite combo is what I call a "Coffee Nut Nightcap." A smooth mix of fresh brewed coffee, Frangelico, Disaronno, milk, and sweet sugar, this hot cocktail is sure to please during these especially cold nights!



Magic Ingredients:
- 2 cups fresh coffee
- 2 shots Frangelico (or other hazelnut liquor)
- 2 shots Disaronno (or other almond liquor)
- Milk (to taste)
- Vanilla syrup (to taste)
- Candy garnishes of choice (optional)
(Serves 2)

Getting Started:
1: Mix all liquid ingredients together in a pitcher
2: Serve in mugs, garnish with candy, enjoy! 



      I like to pick up some of my favorite edible garnishes at Marini's Candy Shop, a local sweet boutique. The orange and brown candy canes are actually flavored like root beer! 

Yours,
Nico




PS: There are new ways to follow along with Satin&Salt! You can like me on facebook by clicking here, if you're into twitter you can follow me here, and on pinterest here

14 comments:

  1. I need to try this! :)
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nico! Yum this is a kind of drink I like to have in a cold night! Thanks for sharing! Didnt know you have Twitter dear, have just followed you also there! Kisses and happy sunday!:*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so delicious!

    Win a MAX FACTOR MASCARA: >> GIVEAWAY <<
    milna89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi nico! thanks for commenting on my blog :)
    i like all the cool DIYs and ideas you have on yours, i'm definitely your newest fan and follower!
    keep em coming ;)

    annie // WEMAKEPLANS

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice, can't wait for spring as well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT POST ! Maybe we follow each other!? Let me know :) Greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, since all I can see when I look out the window is snow, and more snow, this is just the perfect recipe for me! Thanks for sharing, Nico!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  8. All i need is the Frangelico and I can make this! HAHAHA Just turned back chilly again here Nico.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm....sounds tempting! However, if I'd drink coffee late at night, I would be awake until the next morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buon martedì (: Reb, xoxo.

    *Nuovo post sul mio blog, fammi sapere
    cosa ne pensi della mia nuova borsa (;
    http://www.toprebel.com/2013/01/syvto-bags.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This recipe is definitely my cup of tea (or should I say coffee haha) :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi! love this pics!
    thanks for your comment!
    follow you!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a yummy way to top off the night that would warm you up. Thanks for sharing Nico!
    I can't wait for Spring to arrive either :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves
    Enter my Shabby Apple Necklace Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's soooo chilly right now - I can't handle!!! Hot beverages are literally saving me right now...

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!