Monday, December 17, 2012

Neary Lagoon:


      Here on Satin&Salt I love to share my favorite stylings as well as recipes that I devour, but what I am really trying to highlight is the simple desire to live well. This can be done in many ways, whether it's upcycling old furniture for a custom look that saves a ton of cash, or even making yourself an "unbirthday cake" just because! Today, I am putting a spotlight on living well by visiting beautiful places like Neary Lagoon here in Santa Cruz, California. 



      Santa Cruz has been my home for more than 3 years now and my favorite local hang out is this quiet lagoon. This is my utmost favorite place to take short walks, sit down and read a book, or just witness the local wildlife. Sometimes it is essential to take a break from the everyday chaos of life and just let your brain relax... Don't you agree?




(I felt real lucky to get a moment with this butterfly before it fluttered away)




(Nine West flats that I have been wearing everywhere as of late.)




     Whatever life throws my way, I know I always have a place of refuge in Neary Lagoon, do you have a favorite location to escape to?

Yours,
Nico


PS: There are new ways to follow along with Satin&Salt! You can like me on facebook by clicking here, if you're into twitter you can follow me here, and on pinterest here


3 comments:

  1. hey nico! missed you doll! neary lagoon is a beautiful sanctuary. i love peaceful and serene places like that. it's important to have a place of escape, where you can think and enjoy the surroundings. love your nine west loafers. they're really cute. hope all is well and have a wonderful week.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ducks!
    ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect pictures

    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline.

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!