Sunday, September 11, 2011

Faux Sho:

      The Fall and Winter seasons are upon us which translates into very chilly and foggy weather here in Santa Cruz. I for one, plan on being prepared with a warm yet fashionable faux fur layering piece. Faux fur is the ideal route when it comes to fashion. Not only is it cheaper than real fur but faux fur is better for the environment as well (I'm stating the obvious, I know). Plus the texture of the fabric gives any outfit more depth and interest. Here are some of my absolute favorite examples:



My ideal leopard print coat, the 3/4 sleeve makes it unique. Something I could wear dressed up with a LBD (Little Black Dress) or with jeans, biker boots, and a knit hat. Honestly, a coat that would live in my closet for years:

(image c/o nordstrom)

Extremely practical yet trendy waterproof jacket with faux fur lined hood. My favorite feature is the interior toggle used to cinch in your waist, so you don't look like a trash bag: 

(image c/o Nordstrom)

Elizabeth&James Leopard print blazer. The most elegant item on this list but truly stunning. Excuse me, I need to go pick my jaw up off of the floor after seeing this:

(image c/o Nordstrom)

This is a long time favorite coat of mine since I first spotted  Rachel wearing it on her show, "The Rachel Zoe Project." Love the burgundy color which makes a statement but can still work as a psuedo neutral:

(image c/o qvc)


Another faux fur stand out. I do not love how this fabulous vest was styled in this photograph so instead let's picture it with flared jeans, slimming black turtle neck, and a black floppy hat. Maybe even this necklace, what do you think?
(image c/o qvc)


Have you hunted for any faux fur?

Yours,
Nico

2 comments:

  1. I love that it's faux fur!! And I really want the leopard coat on top! Gorgeousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant wait to post an outfit using the sweater/fur vest i got

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!