Friday, September 23, 2011

Hibernating for the winter:

      I'm not actually going to be hibernating this holiday season but I have been stocking up on cold weather items. Here's a handful of my style supplies for Autumn:


Black hat adorned with a Macaw feather perfect for covering up dark roots in between salon visits:


Something Old (Marc Jacobs bag, similar here) and something new (Missoni for Target sweater skirt, can't wait to pair it with tights and oxfords):


I have a massive obsession with all things jewelry (see examples here, here, and here). Honestly my adoration has gotten slightly out of hand so instead of looking for new gems for fall, I decided to explore "the archive" (my treasure chest filled with pieces I have collected over the years) and I ended up rediscovering pieces that I think will work perfectly with my winter wardrobe:


I picked up this tassel at Beverly's Crafts for less than $2, when looped thru a zipper pull, this red tassel gives a basic bag a fresh update:


Found a sleek glass jar at Dollar tree recently and have been using it as a "catch all" for my clothing nick nacks. I keep extra buttons from jackets and pants in here (ever wonder what to do with all those spare buttons? and they always go missing when you need them, right?). Needles, thread, and safety pins are kept handy in this location too. A pretty yet practical way to keep odds and ends organized:



Yours,
Nico

2 comments:

  1. I love the jar idea! I never know where to keep those buttons and sequins and such and I LOVE this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I thought it was helpful too! I always have extra buttons with no home for them and also buttons fall off and i never have a needle and thread on hand to fix it!

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!