Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A New Logo for Satin & Salt!



      As much as I love the self portrait that has been hanging up on my blog for some time now, it is time for a change. I adore this slightly exaggerated caricature that was drawn for me by Shahin Gutierrez. I love how the ink drawing straddles the line between reality and fantasy (I wish my lips were that luscious and perfectly glossed!). Here are some of the other images I considered for Satin & Salt:
      


Drawn by Shahin Gutierrez

"Drawn" (more like doodled) by me!


Drawn by Shahin Gutierrez

      
Shahin Gutierrez is a talented musician and artist and  also the creative energy behind the blog TheJukeboxGallery.net where he shares his own images as well as featuring other artists and musicians from various genres. I feel so lucky to have one of his pieces on my web page! 


Yours,
Nico

6 comments:

  1. Haha - thank GOD you didn't use ET - I think he's the scariest thing ever!!!! I totally love your new logo - it's so you with all your fabulous cooking and somehow it still captures your beauty and edge :) LOOOOVE!!!!!!!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY POST HERE

    http://sazistopsecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute logo! It's good to update from time to time.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!